Next to the Photovoice Manual the project was inspired by and based on:
1. Elwan A. Poverty and Disability: A survey of the literature. Washington D.C: World Bank publications, 1999.
2. Slikker J. Attitudes Towards Persons With Disability In Ghana. VSO, Sharing skills, Changing Lives, Ghana Volunteer May 2009.
3. Ki-Moon B. Secretary-General – Message On The International Day of Persons with Disabilities. Speech at International Day of Persons With Disabilities, 2009
4. Kassah AK. Community-Based Rehabilitation and stigma management by physically disabled people in Ghana. Disability and Rehabilitation, 1998; 20(2): 66-73.
5. Emett T, Alant E. Women and disability: exploring the interface of multiple disadvantage. Development Southern Africa, 2006, 23(4): 445-460.
6. Naami A. Women with disability need economic empowerment. Daily Graphic, Gender and Children, 2009, 11.
9. South African Federation of the Disabled (SAFOD), Norwegian Federation of Disabled People (FFO), SINTEF Health Research. Living conditions among people with disabilities in Southern Africa; representative surveys on living conditions among people with activity limitations in Malawi, Namibia and Zimbabwe.
11. Ghana News Agency (GNA). KNUST to offer courses in Disability Studies.
12. Wang CC, Burris MA, Xiang YP. Chinese village women as visual anthropologists: a participatory approach to reaching policymakers. Social Science & Medicine, 1996, 42, 1391-1400.
13. Wang CC, Morrel-Samuels S, Hutchison PM, Bell L, Pestronk RM. Flint Photovoice: Community Building Among Youths, Adults, and Policymakers. American Journal of Public Health 2004, 94 (6), 911-913.
14. Palibroda B, Krieg B, Murdock L, Havelock J. A practical guide to Photovoice: sharing pictures, telling stories and changing communities. Winnepeg, Manitoba: Prairie Women’s Health Centre of Excellence (PWHCE), 2009.
15. Wang CC, Burris MA. Photovoice: Concept, Methodology, and use for participatory needs assessment. Health Education and Behaviour, 1997, 24(3): 369-387.
16. Wang CC, Cash JL, Powers LS. Who Knows the Streets as Well as the Homeless? Promoting Personal and Community Action Through Photovoice. Health Promotion Practice, 2000, 1 (1), 81-89.
17. Wang CC. Photovoice: A Participatory Action Research Strategy Applied to Women’s Health. Journal of Women’s Health, 1999, 8(2), 185-192.
18. Wang CC, Redwood-Jones YA. Photovoice Ethics: Perspectives from Flint Photovoice. Health Education & Behavior, 2001, 28, 563-567.
19. Blackman A. The Photovoice Manual; A guide to designing and running participatory photography projects. London: Photo Voice publications, 2007.
20. Graziano KJ. Oppression and Resiliency in a Post-Apartheid South Africa: Unheard Voices of Black Gay Men and Lesbians. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 2004, 10(3), 302-316.
23. Green E, Kloos B. Facilitating Youth Participation in a Context of Forced Migration: A Photovoice Project in Northern Uganda. Journal of Refugee Studies, 2009, 22 (4), 460-482.